CMCH faces acute shortage of medicines

January 12, 2015 Off By Web Desk

KARACHI: The Medical Superintendent of Chandka Medical College Hospital, Dr. Safiullah Abbasi, in a letter to the Health Secretary has said that shortage of medicine/drugs and other allied items has become very serious in this 1352-bed capacity largest Teaching Hospital of upper Sindh which may create emergency situation beyond our control.

The Medical Gases, POL, Others, Diet, X-Ray Films etc. suppliers have also threatened to stop the supply because of the fact that their bills are still pending clearance by District Accounts Officer, Larkana. Unpassed bills of CMCH & Shaikh Zaid Hospital for Women of even 1st quarter of 2014-15 amounting to Rs:38,958,041/- have not yet been passed which has further aggravated the situation, the MS said.

In compliance to your letter dated 04th December, 2014, this office has issued supply orders to the government’s approved contractors out of 2nd quarter’s 85% and the material has started delivering at this Hospital and remaining 15% is being denied by the DAO Larkana which is to be utilized through local purchase after fulfilling all the codal formalities, the MS added.

Print & Electronic Media is also highlighting the situation regularly & prominently which too has created a hype and bad name to the Government. Worst affected are the poor needy patients as they have to borne all costs of treatment due to the non-availability of required drugs & medicines.

In view of above, it is once again requested that necessary strict instructions may be issued to the DAO Larkana through Finance Department/AG Sindh so that pending CMCH/SZWH bills of 1st & 2nd quarter are passed and this major tertiary care Hospital starts working smoothly for the betterment of ailing community of this downtrodden & backward area, in the interest of public.

Otherwise it is feared that any serious mishap may occur for which DAOL shall be solely responsible, MS concluded.

The post CMCH faces acute shortage of medicines appeared first on Pakistan Press International.