Fire in ASH damages major cablesJanuary 2, 2015
KARACHI: A fire broke out in Gynecology Ward of Abbasi Shaheed Hospital on Saturday which partially suspended water supply and damaged cables of major equipment in the hospital.
According to an official of Abbasi Shaheed Hospital the fire erupted on the 4th floor of the hospital due to short-circuit and spread panic among patients and their attendants.
The rescue teams and fire tenders rushed there and doused the fire after hectic efforts of half an hour. No casualty was reported in the incident. The rescue workers vacated the hospital wards from patients.
Senior Director Health & Medical Services, Karachi Metropolitan Corporation, Dr Salma Kausar, when contacted, said fire broke out in the hospital due to short-circuit but no casualty was reported. She informed that the fire tender reached timely and extinguished the fire.
She said water tanks of the hospital made from fiberglass were damaged in the incident, while cables of CT scan, MRI machine and others important equipments were also damage in the some incident. She said the supply of water was partially suspended in the hospital.