PPL announces second discovery in less than six weeks

September 14, 2014 Off By Web Desk

Karachi: In less than six weeks after its last discovery in exploratory well Sharf X-1 in company-operated Gambat South Block on August 5, Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) announced another gas-condensate discovery from exploratory well Adam West X-1 in Hala Block, District Matiari, Sindh.

Hala Block is a joint venture with PPL as operator with 65 percent working interest and the remaining 35 percent stake held by Mari Petroleum Company Limited.

Exploration well Adam West X-1 was spud on May 21, 2014 and reached final depth of 4,057 meters on July 29, 2014. Based on wire line logs, potential hydrocarbon-bearing zones were identified, which are currently under testing.

Initial testing in the Massive Sand of Lower Goru Formation flowed 18.6 MMscfd of gas along with 31 barrels per day condensate at 32/64” choke, thereby confirming the presence of commercial quantities of natural gas and condensate at Adam West X-1.

At current estimates, flow potential of Adam West X-1 translates into approximately 3,200 barrels per day in oil equivalent, resulting in potential foreign exchange saving of USD 355,000 per day.

However, the well is being flowed at different choke sizes to measure gas flow, full potential of which will be determined after completion of the test.

The post PPL announces second discovery in less than six weeks appeared first on Pakistan Press International.