Protesting teachers appointed on bogus vacancies: Khuhro

September 3, 2014 Off By Web Desk

KARACHI: Education Minister Sindh Nisar Ahmed Khuhro said that the teachers who were protesting for salaries for a couple of days were appointed on bogus vacancies. The officers who were involved in appointing the 13000 people against 1500 vacancies in Karachi had been suspended and inquiry was being made in this regard.

“These people were appointed in 2012-13 and the recruitments were made without interviews, verification of degrees, tests and other legal formalities,” he said this during a press conference at his office on Thursday.

Khuhro said that 83 people went to court to submit plea for recovery of their salaries. 63 out of them were even not eligible for appointments, 13 had bogus educational documents and three had never attended a school.

“What could we expect from the teachers who have non-verified degrees? We would not let them ruin the future of our children,” he said.

He said that a committee was made after arrival of new government which had stopped the salaries of the teachers and started inquiry of the so many bogus appointments.

The minister said that he had visited the protesting people twice, once with Information Minister Sindh Sharjeel Memon, and asked them to resolve the issue with negotiations and they agreed at that moment but then they returned to their position, which was not a good behaviour.

He said that Sindh government presently had vacancies for the post of teachers and whenever it announced for its appointment then those people were welcomed along others to submit their documents and take NTS test. However, the appointments would be made purely on merit basis.

The post Protesting teachers appointed on bogus vacancies: Khuhro appeared first on Pakistan Press International.