Shah Farman terms KP budget a “poor welfare budget”

June 15, 2015 Off By Web Desk

Peshawar: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Public Health Engineering and Labour Shah Farman has termed the KP Budget for 2015-16 as poor Welfare Budget by saying that the KP Government under the dynamic leadership of Chief Minister Pervez Khattak , has increased the salaries of Provincial Government employees more than the Federal Government , while up gradation of grade 1 to 15 Government Servants has been made.

He said the previous Governments had not given so much importance to education and health sectors as our government has given. He said huge amount have been earmarked in the Budget for upgrading government schools, construction of new schools, new hospitals as well as provision of facilities in the hospitals.

Shah Farman said the KP Budget was a poor welfare Budget in the sense that only the children of poor people get education in the government schools while only poor people get treatment in government hospitals.

Shah Farman said special attention has been given to irrigation, Agriculture and Energy Sectors in the Budget for the development of the province and if the Federal Government allowed us to use gas, the KP Province would become an industrial zone. Shah Farman said as a whole the provincial budget would prove a milestone in the economic development of the province and prosperity of poor man.

Shah Farman said under the concept of “clean water for all” a policy has been adopted not to make politics over water and thus clean water would be provided to the people on need basis. He said till now 60% people get clean drinking water in the KP province while the provision of clean drinking water to the remaining 40% people of the province was a challenge and the present government would fulfil that challenge.

He said the Public Health Engineering Department has made the installation of solar tubewells possible where there was no electricity and thus people need of water would be fulfilled without any discrimination.

He said 130 solar tubewells had been installed by PTI government in the previous year while at least 200 already installed electric tubewells would be changed to solar tubewells this year while new solar tubewells would be installed in those areas where there was no electricity for providing drinking water to the people of those areas.