Traffic arrangements for 12th Rabbi ul-AwwalJanuary 2, 2015
Karachi: Deputy Inspector General of Police, Traffic, Karachi has announced that On 12th Rabi-ul-Awal 1436, A.H i.e. 04th January-2015 (Sunday), a Procession in connection with Jashan-e-Eid-e-Millad un Nabi (S.A.W) will be taken out from Kakri Ground upto Memon Masjid. Furthermore two Processions will be taken out from Memon Masjid upto Aram Bagh Masjid and Nishtar Park. The time and the routes of Processions are mentioned as follows:
a) Procession of Dawat-e-Islami (kakri Ground to Memon Masjid) at 10:30 am
Route: Kakri Ground, Nawab Mahabat Khan Jee Road, Jamat Khana, G. Allan, Tower to Memon Masjid
b) Procession lead by Moulana Asghar Dars & Akbar Dars (Memon Masjid to Aram Bagh Masjid) at 02:30 pm
Route: Memon Masjid, M. A Jinnah Road, Tibet Center, Regal Chowk, Shara-e-Liaquat, Fresco Chowk to Aram Bagh Masjid.
c) Procession of Ahl-e-Sunnat wal Jamat- lead by Shah Tura bul Haq Qadri (Memon Masjid to Nishtar Park) at 03:00 pm
Route: Memon Masjid, M. A Jinnah Road, Tibet Center, Numaish to Nishtar Park.
On this occasion the Karachi Traffic Police has issued instruction for main procession at M.A. Jinnah Road as well as other procession around the City and road users.
1) As soon as the procession will assemble and start from Kakri ground all vehicular Traffic coming from the side of Lea Market, Agra Taj Colony, Crane Chowrangi, G.Allana road and Kharadar sides shall not be allowed to proceed towards Kakri ground and diverted towards the alternate road.
2) All vehicular traffic coming from the side of Kemari via Jinnah bridge shall not be allowed to move towards M.W. Tower and diverted towards alternate roads from Jinnah bridge.
3) All roads/streets/lanes falling on both sides of the above routes of the procession will be closed for all type of vehicular traffic and these will be sealed.
4) All type of vehicular Traffic shall be diverted on alternate roads/street/lanes from the following points from M.W. Tower upto old Exhibition to Nishter park.
1. M.W. tower/M.A. Jinnah Road.
2. Junction of I.I. Chundrigar road/Mumtaz Hussain Road.
3. Junction of I.I.Chundrigar road/Mir Karam Ali Talpur Road.
4. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Awan-e-Alamgir Road.
5. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Saria-e-Alamgir Road.
6. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Altaf Hussain Road.
7. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Hussan Ali Affandi Road.
8. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Dr.Ziauddin Ahmed Road.
9. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Baba-e-Urdu Road.
10. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Mohammad Bin Qasim Road.
11. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/ leading towards High Court Road.
12. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Sarmad Road
13. Junction of Sh: Liaquat/Abdullah Haroon Road.
14. All other street/Lanes falling on Sh: Liaquat.
15. Junction of Preedy Street/Dr. Dawood Pota Road.
16. Junction of Preedy Street/Preedy P.S. Road.
17. Junction of A.H. Road opposite Ghafoor chamber.
18. Junction of Aga Khan Road/leading towards Grammar school.
19. Junction of Dr. Dawoodpota Road/leading towards Mansfield street.
20. Mansfield street/leading towards Lines Area.
21. All roads/street of lines area room Mansfield street upto Old Exhibition.
22. Junction of Sh: Quaideen/Link road behind Mazar-e-Quaid.
23. Junction of Link road behind Mazar/Dada Bhoy Noorji Road (PPP Chowrangi).
24. Intersection opposite, Islamia Collage.
25. Junction of Altaf Hussain Road/leading towards old Market/City Court near Denso Hall.
26. Junction of Dr. Tahir Saifuddin Road/leading towards Hassan Ali Affandi Road back side session Court building.
27. Junction of Hassan Ali Affandi Road/Chand Bibi Road.
28. Junction of NJV School/M.A. Jinnah Road.
29. Junction of Jamila street/leading towards Ankale Sariya.
30. Junction of Agha Khan 3rd Road /Coast Guard Road.
31. Junction of Soldier Bazar/Kiyani Road Opp. Coast Guard Headquarters.
32. Junction of Soldier Bazar/Mansfield Street.
33. All roads/lanes/street on Soldier Bazar/Bahadur Yar Jang Road from Agha Khan Road upto Guru Mandir.
34. All lanes/roads/Street from Altaf Hussain Road upto Ankale Sariya Hospital.
35. All vehicular Traffic coming from University road via New M.A. Jinnah road shall not be allowed to proceed towards M.A. Jinnah road from Islamia Collage roundabout and the junction of New M.A. Jinnah road/Link road behind Mazar and it will be diverted on Sh: Quaideen road towards Society /Allah-Wali chowrangi.
5) All vehicular Traffic approaching Guru Mandir from the sides of Jamshed Road, Jahangir Road, Business Recorder Road shall not be allowed to proceed towards Old Exhibition, Nishter Park via M.A Jinnah Road and Bahadur Yar Jang Road and it will be diverted on alternate roads from these points.
6) All lanes/roads/street of Bahadur Yar Jung Road from Guru Mandir upto Mansfield Street shall be for closed.
7) All vehicular Traffic coming from Sh: Quaideen shall not be allowed to proceed towards Old Exhibition (Numaish) and it will be diverted from Sh: Quaideen/Society Light Signal.
8) As soon as the procession starts from Memon Masjid towards Aram Bagh Masjid, all kind of traffic coming from Empress Market shall be diverted towards Zaib un Nisa Street and from Shara-e-Liaquat to Aram Bagh Light Signal towards Dr. Zia uddin Road. From Court Road towards M.R. Kiyani chowk. There will be No Parking Zone from Tibet Chowk to Regal Chowk and Regal Chowk to Aram Bagh Masjid.
All motorists and other road users are requested not to adopt the route of the 12th Rabi-ul-Awal processions for their journeys but they are advised to use alternate roads/streets/lanes to reach their destination which will be convenient to save them from unnecessary problems and Traffic congestion.