23 female workers faint in factoryOctober 28, 2013
Karachi: As many as 23 female workers of a garment factory fell unconscious in mysterious circumstances in Landhi Town area of the city on Monday.
According to initial reports received from different sources, the female employees fell unconscious after a taxi gas leak at the factory situated in Landhi Export Processing Zone, within the remit of Sukkhan police station. The unconscious women were shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center (JPMC) for treatment.
The toxic gas claim was rejected by the area police and later by the JPMC Joint Director Dr Seemi Jamali who said the incident occurred due to ‘mad hysteria’ after the examination women admitted in hospital.
She said all necessary tests have been carried out to know the actual reason behind the incident and reports showed that no women fell conscious due to toxic gas.