6 Palestinians among dead in New Zealand mosque shootingsMarch 17, 2019
Ramallah The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates said on Saturday that it was able to verify, even though not officially, that six Palestinians were among those killed in the terror attack on two New Zealand mosques on Friday.
The ministry said in a statement that the New Zealand authorities would not give out names of the victims, but would only inform their families once they are identified, particularly if the victims are citizens of New Zealand regardless of which country they previously belonged to. It explained that, based on information it was able to gather, six of the dead and six wounded were of Palestinian origin.
The ministry said it instructed Palestine’s ambassador to Australia, who is also a non-resident ambassador to New Zealand, to follow up with the local authorities on the situation of the injured and to check on them to see if there is anything that could be done for them, as well as to visit the families of the dead and give condolences and assistance they might need. It also stressed that it is the only party officially responsible to talk about the Palestinians affected by this incident.
Source: International Islamic News Agency