Arbab, three other members take oath as Sindh assembly membersJune 11, 2013
Karachi: Former Sindh chief minister Dr Arbab Ghulam Rahim and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz PMLN leader and three other members took oath as Sindh assembly members here on Tuesday.
The sitting of Sindh Assembly on Tuesday usually started late. The sitting scheduled at 3:00pm finally began at 4:15pm with acting speaker Syeda Shehla Raza in chair. She administered oath to Dr Arbab Ghulam Rahim, Abid Sundrani, Makhdoom Khalilur Rehman and Dost Muhammad Rahimoon.
Syed Hafizuddin of Pakistan Tehrik Insaf PTI presented an adjournment motion to discuss the issue of the decision of the Senate committee on water and power to annul the contract of electricity supply from the federal grid to Karachi Electric Supply Company KESC. However, the acting speaker disallowed, terming it out of order.
The house unanimously adopted three resolutions. Jam Khan Shoro PPPP and others presented a resolution that this assembly resolves and recommends Sindh govt to approach federal govt for closure of CJ Link Canal and T.P Link Canal.
Sharmila Faruqui of PPPP others presented a resolution that this assembly resolves and recommends Sindh govt to make administration of DNA tests and preservation of DNA evidences in all rape cases and also bear the cost of DNA test in cases where victim is not in financial position to do so.
Syed Khalid Ahmed of MQM tabled a resolution that this assembly strongly condemns the statement of chairman of standing committee of Senate of water and power to discontinue the electricity supply to Karachi city from National Grid.
Faisal Sabzwari of MQM formally assumed as the leader of the opposition.
The Panel of four chairmen was announced. They were Shaharyar Khan Mahar, Murad Ali Shah, Jam Mehtab Dahar and Rukhsana Shah.
Syed Hafizuddin of PTI presented an adjournment motion to discuss the issue of the decision of the Senate committee on water and power to annul the contract of electricity supply from the federal grid to Karachi Electric Supply Company KESC. However, the acting speaker disallowed, terming it out of order.
The acting speaker announced that the Sindh Governor has given assent to the following bills:
1. The Education City Bill, 2013
2. The Sindh Protection and Promotion of Breastfeeding and Child nutrition Bill 213.
3. The Sindh Laws Amendment Bill 2012.
4. The Jacobabad Institute of Medical Sciences Bill, 2013.
5. The Domestic Violence Prevention and Protection Bill, 2013.
6. The Shaheed Benazir Bhutto City University Bill, 2013.
7. The Sindh Laws second amendment Bill 2012.
8. The Jinnah Sindh Medical University Bill, 2013.
9. The Sindh Civil Servants second amendment Bill, 2013.
10. The Sindh Regularization of Adhoc and Contact Employees Bill, 2013.
11. The Sindh Institute of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Bill, 2013.
12. The Sindh Finance Amendment Bill, 2013.
13. The Sindh Coal Bill, 2012.
14. The Sindh Industrial Relations Bill, 2013.
15. The Sindh Ministers Salaries, Allowances and Privileges Amendment Bill, 2008.
16. The Sindh Special Assistants Appointment, Powers, Functions, Salaries, Allowances and Privileges Amendment Bill, 2008.
17. The Sindh Assembly Members Privileges Amendment Bill, 2009.
18. The Sindh Speaker’s and Deputy Speaker’s Salaries, Allowances Amendment Bill, 2009.
19. The Sindh Assembly Members Salaries, Allowances Amendment Bill, 2009.
20. The Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Human Resources Research and Development Board Bill, 2013.
21. The Sindh Tenancy Amendment Bill, 2013.
22. The Sindh Compulsory Iodization of Salt Bill, 2013.
23. The Sindh Ministers Salaries, Allowances and Privileges Amendment Bill, 2013.
24. The Sindh Protection of Communal Properties of Minorities Bill, 2013.
Sindh Law Minister Dr Sikandar Ali Mandhro laid before the assembly four ordinances under article 128(2)a of the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan:
1. Sindh Ordinance No.1 of 2013 The Prevention of Defacement of Property Ordinance, 2013.
2. Sindh Ordinance No.2 of 2013 The Sindh Prevention and Control of Thalassaemia Ordinance 2013.
3. Sindh Ordinance No.3 of 2013 The Sindh Healthcare Commission Ordinance, 2013.
4. Sindh Ordinance No.4 of 2013 The Sindh Mental Health Ordinance, 2013.
Later, the acting speaker read out the order of the Governor of Sindh that the session was prorogued.