Bloomberg BNA and Baker & McKenzie Global Transfer Pricing Conference Comes to Shanghai September 17-18, 2015July 14, 2015
– International Officials, Government Representatives and Leading Practitioners to Address Critical Transfer Pricing Issues in Asia-Pacific
ARLINGTON, Virginia, July 14, 2015 / PRNewswire — Bloomberg BNA today announced the latest event in its Global Transfer Pricing Conference series with Baker & McKenzie, in association with the Tax Management Educational Institute, to be held September 17-18, 2015 in Shanghai, China. The conference provides an opportunity to hear from government, OECD and UN officials and practitioners from the private sector just as the OECD and G-20 are planning to issue significant guidance in connection with their ambitious Action Plan on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS). The event, which is being co-organized by Vision Events, takes place at the Jing An Shangri-La and registration is available here.
This inaugural event in China, which builds on the previous conferences in Washington, D.C., Paris, and Toronto, will address the key issues for multinational companies operating in the Asia-Pacific region and provide guidance on what is shaping up to be the largest shift in the global tax landscape in decades. Sessions will cover topics including:
- Practical implications of the OECD’s guidance on transfer pricing documentation and country-by-country reporting
- Approaches to pricing intercompany transactions and the key points on risk and recharacterization
- Guidance on cost contribution arrangements, and approaches for valuing intangibles
- Recent developments in relation to IP boxes, hub structures and other regimes
- Progress on action items governing financial transactions and how Asia-Pacific countries treat management and service fees
- Tax dispute resolution best practices in an environment of increasing tax disputes
“As China and other Asia-Pacific countries are key stakeholders in the BEPS project, bringing this event to Shanghai enables conference attendees to hear directly from the policymakers who will be implementing the changes they have helped to develop — and from the industry leaders who must comply with these changes,” said Molly Moses, Transfer Pricing Editor for Bloomberg BNA Tax & Accounting. “We are extremely excited to have such an impressive lineup of government and industry speakers to help multinational corporations prepare for a dramatically altered international tax regime.”
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Liao Tizhong, Director General, International Taxation Department, State Administration of Taxation, China
- Mr. Stig Sollund, Director at Ministry of Finance, Head of International Tax Section, Tax Law Department, Norway (UN Tax Committee, Transfer Pricing Subgroup Coordinator)
- Ms. Noor Azian Abdul Hamid, Deputy CEO/Deputy Director General (Policy), Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia
- Mr. Mark Konza, Deputy Commissioner, International, Australian Taxation Office
- Mr. Robert Stack, Deputy Assistant Secretary (International Tax Affairs), United States Treasury (recorded interview)
Registration is available here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA’s authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
About Baker & McKenzie
Founded in 1949, Baker & McKenzie advises many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organizations through more than 11,000 people in 77 offices in 47 countries. The Firm is known for its global perspective, deep understanding of the local language and culture of business, uncompromising commitment to excellence, and world-class fluency in its client service. Global revenues for the fiscal year ended 30 June 2014, were US$2.54 billion. Eduardo Leite is Chairman of the Executive Committee. (www.bakermckenzie.com)
About Tax Management Educational Institute
Tax Management Educational Institute (TMEI) is an independent educational organization founded by Tax Management, Inc., a subsidiary of The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. TMEI is devoted solely to the conduct of responsible, professional seminars and conferences of the highest quality dedicated to issues of tax policy and practice, and to the funding of related scholarly endeavors.