Compensation to Civilian Victims of Terrorist/sectarian incidents

August 1, 2013 Off By Web Desk

Peshawar: The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the Home and Tribal Affairs Department has noticed that only the cases for compensation in death and injured categories are being entertained by the Divisional Commissioners

Concerned for payment of compensation, while the remaining categories for houses fully or partially damaged are not being entertained.

To obviate all ambiguities, the Home Department has once against clarified that the existing funds released under the relevant head of account to the Home Department is also meant for meeting the expenditure on account of compensation to the victims of bomb blasts / terrorists acts, whose houses which are fully or partially damaged under the provincial government’s policy.

In view of the above clarification, the Home Department has asked all the seven divisional commissioners in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that cases of houses fully or partially damaged, may also be entertained under the existing funds provided to them as enblock allocation.

Moreover, the damages assessments may be carried out on the analogy of Provincial Disaster Management Authority PDMA as per their standing instructions.

Regarding the nature of damages and entitlement of persons/houses for payment of compensation amounts: Death Case – Rs. 300,000/per person, Permanent incapacitation Rs. 200,000/ per person, Seriously Injured – Rs. 100,000/ per person, House fully damaged – Rs. 300,000/ per house and House partially damaged – Rs. 100,000/ per house.