LHC NOTICE, COPS LOOT WEDDING PARTYDecember 17, 2013
LAHORE: Lahore High Court on Tuesday took notice on a press report that more than 20 police officials looted a wedding party in Bahlak Area. District & Sessions Judge, Faisalabad has been directed to look into the matter and submit a detailed report regarding steps taken by the local police along with his own comments.
According to details, Mosa, a resident of 33/2 RA, Okara, told police that he along with guests was on way from Okara to Mureedwala when more than 20 people, mostly in police uniform, opened fire on their bus near Bahlak Toll Plaza. Rear tyres of the vehicle burst and police entered the bus by breaking the back screen. They thrashed wedding guests. Even women and children were not spared. They looted cash as well as gold ornaments from wedding party. During robbery, the accused outside guarding the bus continued with aerial firing. The accused policemen allegedly also kidnapped six guests, the complainant added.
According to news report, after the robbery, the victims appeared before City Police Officer Faisalabad, Dr. Haider Ashraf who was holding an open court in the area. The CPO after listening to them asked the Bahlak SHO to register a case against the accused policemen. Bahlak police registered a dacoity case against Inspector Javeed Siddique of Chuhng, Sub-Inspector Ijaz Ahmed and 19 other constables but no one has been arrested so far. The Bahlak SHO told the press that neither the bus was robbed nor anyone kidnapped. He said the Lahore police had stopped the bus on a tip-off that it was carrying some wanted people.
LHC Complaint Cell took notice of the news on administrative side and directed the concerned D&SJ to look into the matter and submit report in a week.