Poisonous food claims lives of five of familyAugust 6, 2013
Karachi: Five members of a family, including mother and her four daughters, who took poisonous food in Ahsanabad area of city died on wee hours of Tuesday. According to the police, nine members of family went unconscious after having poisonous food at their home in Ahsanabad Phase-II area, within the remit of Sohrab Goth police station.
The rescue team shifted them to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital (ASH) for treatment over their precarious condition, where five of them including a woman and her four daughters died during the treatment.
The deceased were identified as Paras, Ambreen, Iram, Kiran and Amna. The identity of four others could be ascertained yet, whose condition is termed critical.