UAE-SUPPORTED MILITARY OPERATIONS CONTINUE AGAINST AL-QAEDA IN YEMENNovember 11, 2017
ADEN, Yemen, A total of 11 al-Qaeda militants were killed Friday, in fresh military operations launched by Yemeni forces, supported by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), in the south-eastern province of Shabwa, an official of the country’s defence ministry said.
“Anti-terror soldiers, backed by UAE officers, launched well-organised operations, to clean some areas from the terrorists and restore stability in Shabwa’s Hawata. As a result, 11 terrorists were killed,” the source said.
Leader of the local UAE-backed Yemeni troops in Shabwa, Colonel Ali Buhar, along with 10 of his soldiers were injured, in the confrontations with the al-Qaeda militants there, the source said.
A medical official said, all the injured soldiers were transferred via a UAE helicopter to receive treatment in neighbouring province of Hadramout.
The UAE air force also conducted several air strikes to support the ground forces, according to the sources.
Elsewhere in Yemen, two militants linked to the Daesh were killed in an air strike, launched by a U.S. drone.
Earlier this week, the Daesh claimed responsibility for a huge suicide bombing attack against Aden’s security headquarters and the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Aden.
The military campaigns, launched by Yemeni armed forces and financed by the UAE’s forces operating in Yemen are still ongoing across the country’s southern regions.
The UAE-backed Yemeni armed forces have pressed on to kick the al-Qaeda militants out of the restive southern provinces.
Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK